16 July 2014

30 Things (Update & Revisions II)

No doubt, dear reader, you recall my MASSIVELY POPULAR list of 30 Things to do before I turn 30 and the BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL where I updated it to reflect. Now that I have reached the halfway mark of my 20s, it is time for a MASSIVELY INFERIOR THIRD INSTALMENT.

Totally Incomplete (11/30)

  • Propose to a woman: Binary, and haven't yet, but definitely picked out a type of ring
  • (Still missing one - suggestions welcome)
  • Learn to play an instrument passably well
  • Eat at a 5 star restaurant
  • Visit every continent: 5/7 (missing Africa and Antarctica)
  • Learn to ride something with 4 legs or less than 4 wheels (bikes don't count): Really just need to apply for my Australian motorcycle licence ASAP
  • Travel to Uluru
  • Swim naked in the Pacific Ocean: SOON.
  • Purchase some land
  • Fly in a helicopter
  • Grow and eat my own food
In Progress (10/30)
  • Still Omitted:  Progress slow and boring
  • Get a tattoo: Now that I am in the ADF, want to check my design with them to make sure it gets approved
  • Write a novel: Written an outline for one, not sure if this will be my first yet though - I should decide for sure by the end of this year
  • Get a PhD: In progress!
  • Cook my way through a cookbook: In progress!
  • Become proficient in a martial art: Nothing besides my prior training, but as soon as I have time/$, I'll start researching options - important to get started by time I turn 27 to allow a few years for training!
  • Read at least half of 'The Great Books': STILL on Book 4 of Gateway to the Great Books, need to step up my reading game
  • Become fit enough to pass this
  • Spend a week in the woods: This will occur at some point during my ADF training
  • Put together a GOOD bag and BOAT: Sadly have dismantled these, so need to reconstruct!

Completed (9/30)
  • Become a member of the ADF (Reserve): As of a fortnight ago!
  • Save (in some form) at least $15,000 (AUS)
  • Go on a date without regard to cost (Thanks Margie!)
  • Give blood (Also Thanks Margie!)
  • Omitted and completed: With bonus subsequent mountain climb
  • Give away or sell all my excess junk after graduation
  • See a country music act live in concert
  • Have a research paper published: Still here!
  • Drive a car faster than 100 mph
I'd argue that this spread puts me at halfway, which seems fitting - I reckon the next year could see a few of my totally incomplete goals completed or started, and I'll definitely have filled in the missing one before July 17, 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment